A roof is an important aspect of the home because It protects us and our property from many things. For example rain, wind, snow and many more disaster conditions. Roof insulation helps us to maintain the home temperature suitable to us. The cost of roofing is depends of the type of roofing.
There are mainly 4 types of roofing practice in Edmonton.
Cedar roofing is known for its strength, durability and visual appeal and or commercial buildings. Cedar natural oils help resist decay, insect damage and withstand Alberta’s extreme weather conditions.
Metal roofing is the number one roof recommended if you are looking to roof a new home or commercial building or replacing an old roof for Edmonton’s harsh weather. Metal roofs can tolerate strong winds, rain, heavy snow, ice damming and intense heat and are fire resistant while giving a beautiful high-end look to any architectural styles big or small. Metal roofs also reduce noise, such as heavy rain.
Rubber Tile Roofing Products are the latest invention of roofing products and proven to withstand all weather conditions mild or harsh. The Rubber tile roof gives the most modern and high-quality appeal with a long-lasting warranty to any residential or commercial property when installed property.
Asphalt Shingle Roof
Asphalt roofing products are Canada’s most popular choice for residential and commercial buildings because they have a relatively inexpensive up-front cost and are fairly simple to install. An asphalt shingle is a type of wall or roof shingle that uses asphalt for waterproofing.
With the tide of the time, the roof may get degraded from sun, rain, snow and many other unwanted things. This results in leaks from the roof and leads to damage to the interiors. Whether it’s a quick fix or replacement, roof repairs can be formidable for the homeowners. How much does a new roof cost, though? And what about other exterior upgrade costs? These types of questions come to mind.
Roofing problems can escalate quickly and eventually require an entire roof replacement if not repaired in time. To avoid future issues and expenses, we recommend you contact Best Top Roofing immediately for repairs if you have noticed any kind of problems with your roof. Our professional roofers at Best Top Roofing know what problems to look for on a roof as some issues are nearly undetectable. Since 2010, Best Top Roofing has served the communities of Edmonton, Beaumont, Leduc, Calmar, Devon, Lamont, Wetaskiwin, Sherwood Park, Ft. Saskatchewan, Bruderheim, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Edson Plamondon, Morinville, Gibbons, Red Water, Two Hills, Tofield and Calgary.
When roofing repairs are needed?
- Streaking Stains: These stains could result in further water damage to the roof or house structure if not addressed.
- Cracked, Curled or Buckled Shingles: Damaged shingles can allow water to find its way under the roofing material, causing a leak in your house.
- Water Stains, Moss, or Mould in the Attic: Any of these problems could be a sign of a roof leak, and they will likely get worse if not discovered and repaired.
- Bare Spots in Shingle: This could be a result of improper installation, wind damage, or simply old age shingle. Should be repaired immediately to prevent further damage
- Ruptured Valleys: When the valley gets blocked with leaves and debris, there will be a damming effect and a large amount of water can then pour into the roof cavity. So, valleys are important elements on a roof to be maintained.
- Worn metal counter flashing: flashing that’s deteriorating due to weathering and oxidizing, or flashing that has come loose in valleys, around the chimney and pipes, and around any dormer windows or skylights can result in water seeping in and causing major damage
When roof replacements are needed?
Alberta’s roofs don’t last forever. At some point in time, every roof needs to be replaced. In this part of the world, roofs take a battering with heavy rain, extreme cold and blistering heat. A well-built roof is not a luxury. It’s an absolute necessity. If it’s old, leaking or damaged, roof repairs may not be your best option. Instead of spending money on ongoing repairs. We recommended replacing the roof in the following condition
- Frequently Broken or cracked shingles
- Heavy damage from Hail, Sun, Ice or Wind
- If the manufacturer discontinued shingles production
- Poor quality of material or installation
- Or professional Roofer call
In general homeowner excuses are “Roof is fine, it’s still not leaked” or “We will wait for next year” but then it costs more.
Cost of roofing replacement in Edmonton
The average cost of replacement starts from $2,500 and reaches over $30,000. Depends on the type of roof and materials used.
Cedar roofing average cost in Edmonton
The Average cost of cedar roof replacement is $8-$12 per square foot. If we consider $10 as an average it costs you for 1000 sqft about $10,000. Lots of Cedar growth in Canada. So it is easily available. The average life of a cedar roof is 30 Years.
Metal roofing average cost in Edmonton
As stated earlier Metal roofing is the best roofing option while considering Edmonton and Alberta’s weather. Metal roofing has a very long life compared to Asphalt roofs. Cost of Metal roofing $6 to $9 per square foot. If we calculate for 1000 square feet with an average price of $7 then total replacement cost will be around $7,000.
Rubber roofing average cost in Edmonton
The average cost of Rubber roofing is $8 to $13 per square foot. If we calculate for 1000 square feet with an average of $11.5 per square foot. So, the total cost of rubber roofing is around $11,500. The life of the Rubber roofing is 15-30 years. Rubber is a highly insulating material used in roofing.
Asphalt Shingle roofing average cost in Edmonton
Asphalt shingle roofing products are Edmonton’s most popular choice for residential and commercial buildings because they are relatively very cheap and are simple to install. Asphalt shingle roofing life is 10 to 20 years depending on the manufacturer and quality of them. The average cost of roofing is $2.5 to $5 per square foot. So, average cost for 1000 sq ft Asphalt shingle roofing cost will be $3,500 with a per sq ft price of $3.5.Book a Service Call Get a Free Quote
All costs depicted here are only for reference purpose. The actual cost of each project and roof varies with dependency on many other factors.