Skylights are super trendy and have retained their status since they were first introduced. They are a simple element that can significantly elevate the look of your room. Offering a window to gaze at the night sky, these are a great way to upgrade the way your room looks. Skylights can be installed in a house room and are a great addition to smaller spaces.
What is a skylight?
A skylight is installed on the roof of the house so that it gives a direct view of the sky. Just like mirrors, skylights also help in making the room feel bigger. Furthermore, skylights are a great addition to get some natural light into the room without having to open a window. For these and many more reasons, skylights are becoming more and more common in many parts of the world.
As popular as skylights are becoming, many people also wonder about their usefulness, feasibility, and maintenance. When it comes to these aspects of installing or replacing a skylight, many people tend to steer away from having a skylight or push-back replacements as long as possible. Skylight replacement or installation may seem like a complex task.
However, the good thing is that a roofing contractor can take care of this job. You do not need to find a “specialist” for this work. In fact, it is highly recommended to hire a roofing contractor to get a skylight installed or replaced.
If you are wondering why a roofing contractor should be hired for this job, let us elaborate on it.
There are many reasons why a roofing contractor is an ideal choice for this job, and some of them are as follows:
- Since a skylight is installed on the roof of the home, a roofing contractor is well aware of how to handle the simple installation and replacement jobs for skylights. They know the correct procedure for removing the existing skylight and replacing it with a new one. In fact, they can even offer guidance on which is the ideal skylight to install in place of the old one, in case you are looking for a change in terms of the looks of the skylights.
- If you are getting a roof repair or replacement done, you will hire a roofing contractor. If your skylight needs changing, this would be the ideal time to proceed with the replacement, as it would come at no extra cost in terms of labor fees or site visit charges. In fact, this would even yield a better result because the entire project can be done in one flow, providing a better end result or finish to your entire roof. No matter how well a contractor works, there will always be a difference in results when a roof, with all its elements, has been replaced or repaired at once versus when it’s done in parts.
- Newer skylights come with a lot of features, including open-able panels, energy-efficient and storing glass panes, and much more. Today’s skylights are no longer the same as they existed in older times. Earlier, bubble-shaped skylights were more prominent, and skylights, in general, did not have an excellent reputation as they could let solar rays into the home. However, thanks to modern tech, every aspect of human life have been modified for the better, and skylights are no exception. Skylights today are no longer the kind that would let unwanted solar rays into your home. Furthermore, they help in storing energy which is great from an environmental standpoint. The market is filled with options that can make choosing the right one seem like an impossible job. A roofing contractor can quickly help you identify the right choice based on where you are located, what your home and roof are like, and what your requirements are from the skylight. Thus, hiring them is an excellent solution for every problem in this aspect.
- Hiring a “specialist” for a simple skylight replacement can be a rather costly affair. The term “specialist” or “expert” allows them to charge a higher fee, even though this is not a task that requires any specialist skills or know-how. Thus, hiring roofing contractors instead of these contractors or agencies is the better ordeal financially. While some may claim that there are some technicalities that need to be taken into account, which only a contractor or agency dealing with skylights is aware of, it is certainly not the case. A roofing contractor is completely aware and knowledgeable about such replacements. However, it never hurts to confirm.
- A replacement job only sometimes means completely getting rid of your existing skylight. However, if you still have a bubble skylight, it is highly recommended that you get it replaced. Sometimes you may need to replace the caulking around the skylight. A roofing contractor can expertly assess the exact need for replacement and can guide you accordingly on the right path forward. Since it is not often their primary focus area, they are less likely to provide incorrect guidance to make extra money. In fact, they can offer the most efficient and cheapest option for replacement based on your particular requirement.
- Since roofing contractors are well aware of every construction regulation related to roofs, they can also provide great insight into the correct and legal additions or changes you can make to your house’s roof. For instance, there are numerous types of skylights. However, in some parts of Canada, which are much colder and experience heavier snowfall, the regulations for roofing, skylights, etc., can also be modified to avoid any accidents or mishaps. A roofing contractor is aware of such regulations and would provide the best solutions to meet your expectations.
Roofing contractors are multi-specialists that provide many services at very competitive costs. Hiring them to get skylight replacement is the ideal choice for all of the above reasons and many more. Countries like Canada, which annually employ the services of roofing contractors before snowfall, would be able to get many tasks completed at once. Hiring roofing contractors is the ideal choice for all to get the most effective and efficient services, which will be completed with utmost care and precision. Call us at +1 780-710-9990 to install a skylight on your roof.